The Territory Manager (TM) is a senior member of the sales team responsible for creating and managing revenue opportunities and accelerating them through the sales cycle to deliver net new revenue to Veeam within the assigned Territory. In addition to prospecting within their assigned Territory, they will also be responsible for identifying upsell and cross sell opportunities with existing Veeam customers, and ensure they are followed up in a timely and professional manner, with an aim of maximizing coverage with the account. Lastly, they will work closely with their respective Veeam Channel managers to collaborate with strategic Veeam resellers within their assigned Territory to engage in joint prospecting and marketing activities, to also create revenue opportunities for Veeam.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and close business with accounts in the mid to high end commercial market
· Meets and/or exceeds individual and team revenue targets.
· Leverage partners to find, nurture and close sales with joint focus
· Develop sales activities with new mid-market account customers; up-sell and cross-sell to the existing mid-market customer base.
· Develops sales pipeline by proactive calling to convert sales conversations to identified prospects.
· Effectively executes a territory plan to maximize revenue.
· Enter forecasting and account/opportunity details in Veeam’s CRM (SalesForce); provide weekly updates including but not limited to, dollar amounts, socket counts, status and decision makers and next steps in closing opportunities.
· Works with regional sales team to advance opportunities to closure, including Systems Engineers and Inside Sales team to technically qualify and deliver product demonstrations.
· Propose, coordinate and participate to marketing activities within the territory.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree required (a combination of education and experience will be considered).
· Experience with vendors associated with Virtualisation technology strongly desired.
· At least t hree-five (3 -5) years of mid-market to enterprise software sales; direct and channel sales experience required with experience managing resellers at a tactical, transaction-based level.
· Proven track record of accomplished selling in the mid-market to IT infrastructure specialists; must have an in-depth understanding of technology trends and issues and their impact on enterprises.
· Proven ability to develop new sales with strong cold-calling and prospecting skills.
· Must have knowledge of solution selling and value-based selling techniques.
· Must be available to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory.
· Be a self-starter with the ability to learn quickly.
· Be a high-energy sales person who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where roles and responsibilities change quickly.
· Experience in the FSI/Commercial sectors will be valued
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.